Been computerless since Friday. Logic board is fried, yay, and it will be a week and a half before it’s fixed. Anyway, makes blogging hard.
However, I just watched the Chuck season premiere and just had to make a little post about it, because it seriously was just the definition of awesome. XD
I have to admit that I have a complicated relationship with Chuck in that whenever I’m actually watching I invariably love it, but sometimes, I don’t know, I forget that, get behind and end up losing track of the story. I actually didn’t watch about half of last season, although I did watch the finale. I thought the twist with Mama Bartowski was intriguing; being a huge Alias fan, I invariably compared it to the SpyMommy, Irina Derevko, and was interested to see what Chuck did to differentiate Mama B from Irina (or alternatively to play homage to her, because that is a big part of Chuck).
Anyway, I’ve been keeping up with casting spoilers, so I know about Linda Hamilton as Mama Bartowski, which I have to admit was great casting. After watching the first episode, may I just say that so far the execution does fulfill the promise of the casting, and Mama B is one badass broad. Well done, Chuck. I am definitely on for the ride this season.
Although the search for her drove the episode, as it reportedly will drive the season, the woman herself was only onscreen a short time… the rest of the episode, however, was equally awesome.
Quick points, because my lunch break is nearly over:
- I’m always floored, watching Chuck now, how much I enjoy Morgan as a character, considering that I could not stand him at the beginning. One of my favorite quotes from this episode was his “See here, the thing is… these people respect the beard”.
- Shoutout to Seinfeld: Vandalay Industries. Hee!
- General Beckham as the new manager of the Buy More? EPIC WIN RIGHT THERE.
- Random repoman was hilarious! XD
- The “sexting” joke was actually funny… and although I hate to compare, much better than what I’ve seen and heard from the whole “sexpionage” thing in Undercovers :D;;;
- Casey Casey CASEY. Probably my favorite character on the show, and in fine form this episode, between his fine repertoire of grunts, almost shedding a manly tear for Chuck, and his awesome one liners: “Desolation, frostbite… must be Russia!”